Pages

Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas Marshmallow & Chocolate Sticks

Morning Everyone!


I had quite a productive day yesterday making the last few Christmas gifts on my list. I borrowed an idea from The Great British Bake Off's Holly Bell's Blog - Hot chocolate on a stick, though from looking at her pictures, i think I was a bit more generous with the marshmallows!!!


The process was a lot quicker and simpler than I thought it was going to be and I was really impressed with the final products!



All you need to start is a bar of chocolate, mini marshmallows, silicone cake cases, mugs and tea spoons!


Into each cake case break 5-6 squares of chocolate.




I used a microwave to melt the chocolate in the cases, alternatively you could melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water and then spoon it into the cases.


Warning! if using a microwave, be careful when removing the cases as they're quite flimsy!!


I used a kebab skewer to mix the chocolate at 60 second intervals. They took about 3 mins to melt completely.


Once all the chocolate has melted push a tea spoon into each case ensuring you have somewhere to balance them whilst the chocolate sets, I used the microwave!




Use the marshmallows to decorate around the spoons making sure you push them into the chocolate to stop them falling out!





Now you need to be patient and wait for the chocolate to set!


Once set, pop the chocolate sticks out of the cases and place inside you mugs! My chocolate sticks were a little bit bigger than the chocolate sticks so I added a few more marshmallows to stop them from moving around!



To finish these off I made up some little instruction cards and wrapped them in Christmas style cellophane bags and silver ribbon!

I will defiantly be making more of these to give as presents during the year!!

Well, enjoy your Sunday's, we're off ice skating tonight to get into the Christmas spirit!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment