Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

Recycled Gift Bows

I was browsing on Pinterest the other day and came across these beautiful bows from Whole Living.

They looked stunning so I thought I would give them a go myself! They were a bit fiddly to start with but I think I am getting the hang of them now! (The trick i have found is to fold the strips in half before curling them then you make sure that every curl is the same size!)

The pink one was my first, hence it's more haphazard appearance but the 2nd and 3rd turned out a bit more uniform!! I only used three layers rather than the four layers in the images above. I used some patterned paper for the first 2 and then wrapping paper for the final one to match the paper I used to wrap up the gift.


Once I get a bit better at these they're going to end up popping up all over the place!!

I also found some similar ones on EcoLizzie which are super cool as well. I especially love the green one at the bottom!!

 

I'll post some more bows once I get a bit better at them!! 

On a slightly different note, I have been researching the Fiskars ShapeCutter. I really want to start making my own aperture cards and this looks like an ideal tool. Does anyone have one or have used one before. Any advice would be great!!

Well have a fantastic evening,

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment