Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Gifts....just because

Sometimes I think it's nice to give gifts, not just for birthdays or other occasions, but just because....

I guess this one isn't a "just because" gift but it was something I wanted to make instead of sending a card. My old taekwondo instructor from PUMA taekwondo recently passed hist 5th Degree Black belt grading and I really wanted to make him something special. With a little help from paint I designed this cross stitch pattern myself from a picture I found on Google. I found a thick black frame from The Range which complimented the simple design really well.


This little birdy was sent to my friends Mrs G as she's had a pretty tough time recently and has also been feeling pretty under the weather too. I found a beautiful bird on etsy and I really wanted to make something similar. My stitching wasn't as neat as I would have liked but the overall design worked pretty well. I finished it off with a wooden heart button on the string.


Maybe you could send something "just because" this week...put a smile on someones face and make their day!

Happy crafting,

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment