Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

Up Up and Away!

Two of my amazing friends are expecting their first child this month! They asked me to make them a mobile for the nursery in their new house so I got my think cap on (with the help of Google and Pinterest) and put together a few ideas.

It was decided that a hot air balloon mobile would be cool and as they are painting the room green I went for a mixture of different green shaded felt to make it.

I used a pattern from Pretty Prudent but decided to keep them much more simple than the lavish hot air balloons that she made.


First of all I made 3 balloons, one of each size. Originally I was going to make 2 small, 2 medium and 1 large but after making them I realised that 5 balloons would be too busy.


I make a little sun for the top of the mobile using yellow and orange felt!


I also added 2 little white felt clouds!






To finish off the balloons I added a basket under each one. I used bottle tops covered in felt to make sure they held their shape and also provided some weight to help the mobile keep its shape.






I gave it to The H's at their baby shower and they loved it! I can't wait to see it in their nursery!

Baby H is due in about 2 weeks so lets start the count down!!!

Happy Crafting! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment