Pages

Monday 5 December 2011

Wedding Sewings

Some of my close friends got married this year so I put my sewing skills to work and created them some beautiful hand made gifts.


This first sampler was altered from a pattern in a sewing magazine using the colour theme for the wedding.



It was quite simple to do and only took a few evenings to complete. I chose a mount which complimented the sampler and a contrasting colour for the frame.


For the second wedding of the year I chose a beautiful patter from Marie's Cross Stitch. I altered it slightly as I thought it looked perfect without the "Happily Ever After" writing.




I wanted it to be quite a serene piece so therefore I chose a white frame. This was the first time I used a frame which I needed to back myself! It was quite easy to do but I did need a second pair of hands to help!!


They both absolutely loved their gifts, and I much prefer giving hand made presents rather than items from a wedding list!


My first 2012 wedding is in January and I have already completed a sewing for it! Check me out being all organised!! I'll put some pictures up when it's been made into a card!


Happy crafting,


Take Care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment