Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

First Sewing Projects of 2012

Evening Everyone!

I'm currently sat here deciding on my first sewing project of 2012. Last year my friend Simone (Bluebell Stitches) sewed this amazing camper van inspired design onto even weave to make it into a cushion.


In the new Cross Stitch Crazy magazine there are some awesome nautical designs and a very cool VW campevan picture so I may have to try my hand at making a cushion too. I was thinking of using waste canvas and sewing it onto linen rather than using even weave.

Also, I have almost finished my first laptop case design. I'll be making it next weekend when I have the use of my Mum's sewing machine which gives me time to make my mind up on the fabric....there are just too many to choose from.

These fabrics are from John Lewis but they're a little bit pricey at £15 per metre.

Pomme Print PVC Cut Length Tablecoth, WhiteJohn Lewis Great Spot Cut Length PVC Tablecloth, CinnamonDisc Gloss PVC Cut Length Tablecloth, Black

The Range have a similar selection for a fraction of the cost (£3-£5 per metre) as does Fabric Land so i'll probably end up getting some from there. I'm going to use PVC or oil cloth for the outside and either fleece or brushed cotton for the inside. Still need to decide on buttons, poppers or velcro for the fastening too!!

I'll post photos once I've finished it! Also going to make the bag which came with my new Cath Kidson book - Sew! It comes with all of the material pre-cut so shouldn't take too long to make.

   Cath Kidston bag

Anyways, I think that's enough from me tonight. Back to uni tomorrow so will not have a huge amount of time to do any crafting other than sewing cards in the evening so i'll have to save up all of my ideas for weekends and half term (6 weeks and counting!!!).

Stay safe in the wind and rain,

Happy Crafting :)

1 comment:

  1. ikea do some lovely cheap fabric too! I never thought to look there :) thanks for the link to!!! looking forward to seeing the case xxx

    ReplyDelete