Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

Baby Countdown!

This will probably be my last post for today but I thought I would get this one done before I go!

My wonderful friend from Bluebell Stitches is cooking her second baby as we speak! I have been really inspired by the countdown gifts on pinterest and really wanted to make her something personal that she could us to count down to her new baby's birth with help from her son.

I bought some wooden die cuts from Daisy Moon Designs and painted them using basic pastel coloured poster paint.


I bought 3 little gingerbread men, pink for the Mum, dark blue for the Dad and light blue for their first son. 


I used chalk board paint to paint the heart so that my friend could use it as the countdown.


I used PVA glue to stick the pieces onto the background.


To add some extra detail I used baby hand and foot print buttons to decorate the bottle and added the initial of each person to their gingerbread man.


 I stamped the lettering using rubber stamps and black ink and added some string so that it could be hung up.

I bought a similar countdown board for my boyfriend for Christmas from Willow Crafts but it was so easy to make myself that I will defiantly be able to do my own ones in the future! 

Well, Bluebell Stitches is now down to about 12 weeks so I need to get thinking about new baby craft projects!!!

Well, that's all for today, I'll be back tomorrow with some wedding crafts I have been doing!

Take Care!

Happy Crafting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment