Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

Ding dong the bells are gonna chime...

My boyfriends Mum got married at the weekend and I wanted to make her some homemade gifts rather than getting her a shop bought present.

I decided to make them a wedding plaque using some wooden die cuts from Daisy Moon Designs. I used pastel colours to paint the different pieces and finished it off with some beautiful "All my love" ribbon from John Lewis to make the handle rather than using string that I have used before.



I wanted to do something a bit different for the card and found some inspiration from Paper Paws on Pinterest and adapted a design which included a wedding dress made out of a doily.


I used travel scrabble tiles to add a finishing touch to the card...which lead to this comment from my boyfriend "I-D-O....what's I-D-O"....wait a few minutes...."oh, I Do!!!" (bit worried when my Dad made the same comment as well!!).

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining (even though it was freezing) and the atmosphere was wonderful!

Best wishes to Mr and Mrs Gilbert!!!

Happy Crafting xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment