Pages

Thursday 4 April 2013

Today's Crafty Bits

Ok, today I have been attempting to make a case for my portable hard drive which is currently sat, getting battered, in the bottom of my school bag.

I got given some fantastic bee material which was just perfect for this and I found a really cool tutorial on Oh My Handmade.

So anyways I set off sewing and it was going fab until I finished it and realised it was much too small for my hard drive...doh!!


However, I also needed a new case for my iPod touch and it fitted in the bee case perfectly!!

Rather than using 2 sheets of felt, like the tutorial does, I used the bee material on the outside and black felt in the middle. I really struggled to find coloured elastic so I used black elastic instead for the fastening.

*   *   *

In another attempt I used a piece of pink and a piece of purple felt to make a slightly larger case (which I hoped would fit!!)

I jazzed it up a bit with some pink stripes on the outside and made the inner piece of felt a little bit longer to give it a pink border at the bottom.






Unfortunately, yet again, it was too small (I obviously need some more practice measuring)....but i'm sure i'll find a use for it!!!

What have we learnt from this....make sure you MEASURE carefully and give yourself enough extra material for hems.

I wish you better luck!!

Happy crafting xx

No comments:

Post a Comment